Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weekend highlights

What a difference a week makes. My ass was frozen the previous rainy Saturday with high temp of 8 degrees day time and 2 degrees nite, but it warmed up last Saturday to sunny high of 30 degrees day time and 11 degrees nite!

It was a lovely Saturday. I finally wore my fav light denim 3/4 pants AND sandals AND just carried a little cardigan out for in case. Not long pants, jacket and boots!
Sadly, it then rained almost the whole of Sunday and temperature fell till about 24 degrees day time and 9 degrees nite. Not too bad - anything's better than a freaking rainy 8 degrees.
It's stabilized to about 18-19 degrees day time now.

Although the weather's pretty good during the weekend, I wasn't happy at all on both nites.
Saturday nite - Man U lost to Liverpool
Sunday nite - Kimi came in at 9th place, thus not scoring for 3 consecutive weeks


Man. I can't believe how Man U scored their own goal for Liverpool and then couldn't recover at all! They were playing so well the 1st 20 mins and after the blunder by Van De Sar, it was clearly Liverpool dominated the game. Sigh.

As for F1 - at least the winner wasn't Hamilton or Massa! So just a small little comfort there given that Kimi's so far from the world title now. Sigh.

OK, enough of my whining!


RSPCA Million Paws Walk on 18th May 2008

On top of the fantastic weather, lousy sports results, my highlight for the week has to be my shopping goodies!

Well, I was aiming to get a thong (as in flip flops, not G-strings....) and 1 of those cool gladiator shoes (love it!) but I ended up getting some other shoes which wasn't quite a thong and no where near gladiatorish. Erm.... I got myself..... 5 pair of shoes on Sunday...... 2 casual sandal-ish, 1 cute babydoll-ish & 2 for work!

I don't know what happened really. Maybe it was the upset from the Man U game that lead me to the sudden splurge. Hmm.
It could have been just 4 pairs, but the final pair (the work one) was really from a buy 1 get next at 50% deal, so it wasn't worth it to stop at just 1 pair from that shop...

So ladies, if you're feeling down and blue, head to your nearest shop for retail therapy.
It works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! but i dun shop like u to the extent of buying 5 pairs of shoes in 1 shopping trip!! *LOL*

Mandy Langdon said...

well.. u know how u have food cravings? I guess I've got shoes cravings too.. hehe :P